Greetings, I am LeFloris Lyon, Coordinator for this Kemper County GenWeb site. If you need to get in touch with me, please feel free to email me. (LeFloris
I am interested and would be pleased to
receive more information on Kemper. Please send me your information in the following formats, I would appreciate it.
- Please do not use all capital letters or all lower case letters. If you do, I have to retype everything, so it takes me longer to get it posted.
- Please do not place images in the email, attach them. If you don't know how to attach files, please email me to ask.
- If you want your name connected to your information, please send me your name, not just your email address.
- If you are sending more than two surnames, please put them in alphabetical order with last name first.
- Remember to send me your name, too! (You wouldn't believe the number of people that send me surnames, but forget to put in their own name!)
Last Name, First Middle
Birth date-Death date
Any information on the tombstone, including "shares a stone with"
Please use upper and
lower case letters, not all caps.
For dates, unless you are
sending me the entire cemetery list, please use month day,
year as the format, otherwise I have to retype all of the
dates. I use the first 3 letters of the month for the
abbreviation and do not use a period at the end of the
Smith, Frederick I.
Jul 25, 1880-Mar 2, 1937, husband of Mary Elizabeth, shares
stone with Mary
Smith, Sue Mar
1, 1902 - Sep 2, 1902, dau of Fred and Mary, shares stone
If you have
information on Kemper County ancestors that you would like to add to
this site, please send it to
You can send it to me in a .txt,
.doc, .rtf, or .htm format.
Please do NOT submit any information on living people, I do not post that
information. It is too dangerous to post names of living people, even if
the information listed says "Private". I use 1920 as the
cut-off date for births.
If you are submitting information on a soldier, please make sure that your soldier served in a Kemper unit. If your soldier did not serve in a Kemper unit, but lived in Kemper, you may submit your soldier information for Misc. regiments.